WHAT: Pancake Breakfast
WHEN: Saturday February 11th 9 a.m.
WHERE: Pride Park Community Center
WHY: To show appreciation for all our volunteers AND to recruit new members
Are you looking for ways to get involved in the city? Do you have skills and abilities that you enjoy sharing with others? We are looking for you. The city of Taylor Mill has had a long history of community involvement and volunteerism. However, many of us are finding it harder and harder to find the time. We appreciate those time constraints placed on today’s families, but we still want to create opportunities for anyone who wishes to give a single Saturday, or a few hours for a single event.
Volunteering is spending time willingly to help someone else without being paid. In today’s chaotic and sometimes turbulent times, this has become somewhat of an old-fashioned idea. However, for those of you who have volunteered, you know the benefits and rewards are often immeasurable.
Volunteering can be very meaningful and enjoyable, and in turn may be good for your mental health and wellbeing.
- give you a sense of achievement and purpose
- help you feel part of a community
- help you feel better about yourself by improving your self-esteem and confidence
- help you share your talents, learn new skills, and create a better work-life balance
- help combat stress, loneliness, social isolation and depression
- help you meet new people, which can help you feel more connected and valued
For all our current and past volunteers and for anyone interested in becoming a volunteer, join us Saturday, February 11 at 9 a.m. at Park Place Community Center. Please RSVP to Kristy Webb at 859-581-3234 or [email protected].
We look forward to seeing you.