Taylor Mill Public Works Department
The Taylor Mill Public Works Department helps keep our community clean and attractive and our roads in good repair.
We provide the following services:
- Road work, including repair of potholes, basic road maintenance and blacktopping
- Bridge repair
- Road salting and snow removal
- Street sweeping
- Grass mowing and branch trimming in publicly owned areas
- Ditch and stormwater drain cleaning to prevent/reduce street flooding
- Maintenance of street signs and banners
- Trash pickup along roadways and cleanup of illegal dumping grounds
- Christmas Tree recycling (reused as mulch in Pride Park)
- Landscaping along Taylor Mill Road and Pride Parkway
- Upkeep of Pride Park
Our staff consists of four full-time employees who manage 35 miles of roads and public right-of-way, two bridges and Pride Park. The department collects eight tons of debris along our roadways each year and lays up to 500 tons of salt each winter.
Our equipment includes:
- 2 skid steers (like a Bobcat)
- 3 sit mowers
- Tar kettle (for sealing cracks in roadways)
- Blacktop box paver
- 3 single-axle dump trucks for snow removal and a box salt spreader
- 1 ton dump truck
- 2 pickup trucks
- 1 bucket truck
To learn more about the Public Works Department, please visit the Tips page.
Taylor Mill Public Works
5225 Taylor Mill Road
Taylor Mill, KY 41015
Office Contact: (859) 581-3234
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mon. through Fri.
Marc Roden, Public Works Director
As the Director of the Public Works Department at the City of Taylor Mill, Marc Roden supervises and performs a variety of maintenance duties for safety, cleanliness, and the maintenance of the city’s operation.
Director Roden supervises his maintenance workers on maintenance, repair, and construction of public work projects. These would include building roads and bridges, repairing slippage, and snow removal.
There is never a dull moment in Marc Roden’s 15-year tenure with the City of Taylor Mill. Prior to his employment with the City of Taylor Mill, Marc worked for the Kenton County Public Works Department for 23 years.
Director Roden has over 38 years of experience supervising, running heavy equipment, maintaining the streets and parks for the safety of the community. With his years of experience, Roden is able to instruct the crew on repair methods to be used, assist in planning work and make work assignments, ensures that machines and equipment are available and in proper operating condition.
He is married to Joni and has two children. Director Roden is an avid Cincinnati Bengals fan who doesn’t miss a game.