Taylor Mill contracts with Rumpke of Northern Kentucky, Inc. for all trash and recycling within city limits. Residents are provided with one free 95-gallon or 65-gallon trash cart and one free 65-gallon recycling cart. Additional carts are available for a monthly fee. The fee for regular weekly trash and recycling pickup is included in property taxes. Large item pickups cost $10 (non-refundable) per pickup, allowable once per week.
For more information and to find out when trash/recycling is picked up on your street, please contact Rumpke at (877) 786-7537 or visit www.rumpke.com.
What is the holiday schedule for trash and recycling?
Rumpke picks up trash/recycling on all holidays except for Christmas Day and New Years Day. On those two holidays, trash/recycling is picked up on the following day.
For more information, please contact Rumpke at (877) 786-7537 or visit www.rumpke.com.
What items will Rumpke pick up for recycling?
Rumpke accepts the following items for recycling:
- Plastic bottles and jugs* - plastic lids are OK if left on bottle/jug
- Glass bottles and jars* - no metal lids
- Aluminum cans* (e.g., food and beverage cans)
- Steel cans and lids* (e.g., soup, food and aerosol cans – remove plastic spray mechanism)
- Paperboard (e.g., cereal boxes and clean pizza boxes free of food or grease)
- Office paper and envelopes
- Newspapers, magazines and inserts
- Telephone books and catalogs
- Cartons (e.g., juice boxes, milk and orange juice cartons) – no plastic lids
- Aerosol cans - remove any plastic
*Please rinse containers and make sure they are empty.
For the most current information on acceptable items, please contact Rumpke at (877) 786-7537 or visit www.rumpke.com.